Gas safety has moved up the agenda for many Queenslanders over the past few days, and residents of Narangba property are no exception.
Some parts of the state were hit by ex-Tropical Cyclone Marcia, so the Queensland government is urging homeowners to make sure their gas appliances are operating properly.
"Importantly, portable gas appliances must never be used indoors as they require adequate ventilation to avoid raising carbon monoxide levels to unacceptable levels," noted minister for natural resources and mines Anthony Lynham.
"Before use, check the appliance, the LPG cylinder and all connections with soapy water for any sign of bubbles that would indicate a gas leak."
This applies to any gas appliances you might have in your home, including barbeques, portable cookers and lights used whenever the power supply is down.
Taking a common sense approach by not storing containers in heat or direct sunlight will also help protect residents, as will making sure cylinder valves are tightly turned off when not in use.
For help with your move to Queensland, get in touch with a team of real estate agents in Burpengary, who will assist in narrowing down your options.